dinsdag 15 oktober 2013

Essence - Stays No Matter What Eyepencil

Last week (or the week before?) I bought an Essence eyepencil, as I wanted something simple and easy to apply, for my daily eyeliner. Normally I always use gel liner, as this is the only thing that really stays on my eyes (but it takes longer to line my eyes).
In the past I also tried eyepencils or other eyeliners, but they never stayed on my eyes throughout the day :-(
I guess it's just because I have small asian eyes :-p

After an internet search, I bumped into this Essence 'Stays No Matter What' eyepencil. There were some good and some bad reviews. The bad things were mostly that it was hard to apply or that sharpening the pencil was very difficult. But there were also some reviews mentioning that it really stayed and was long lasting.
So eventually I decided to get it and give it a try.


I tried it on the back of my hand and it went on very smoothly. It just glided on! So I was very excited to test whether it was long lasting or not. :-p

The color was black, but not like intense black.... 2 layers will probably give it more color.


And then I used a tissue trying to rub it off... it did fade a lot, but some stayed. Considering the fact that I did rub very hard, I think the eyepencil withstood the test very well! (As I would never rub my eye in that way.)

 

This was all on my hand, so it doesn't really say anything about the use of the product on my eyes,.... I know :-p

I have been using this eyepencil this week and I can honestly say that it's not that bad. Like everything in life, it has some good and some bad things.

At first I had some difficulties applying it on my eyes... The tip was dry and rough making it hard to use. It was almost impossible to line my eyes with it :-(
But after using a tissue, rubbing it a little bit at the tip, it applied on a lot easier. I guess the rubbing removes the dried out part of the pencil and at the same time warms it up a bit.

After a whole day of work my eyeliner still looks very nice (I do use an eyelidprimer). The color isn't quite as dark as in the morning, but it still stayed very long! It didn't smudge or melt all over my eyes, so in some way it is 'staying no matter what'. LOL (except for when I use my make up remover) With make up remover it comes off easy and fast, nothing messy about it.

The one thing that I dislike is sharpening the pencil. It's made from plastic instead of wood, so I have to sharpen the plastic -_-" It's not really difficult but you have to use more power, have a steady hand and at the same time be gentle for the tip (otherwise it will break off).


Well, after all, I do think it's a very good eyepencil (for me). It's finally a pencil that I can use without looking like a panda at the end of the day :-p

xxx

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten